Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday



Happy Friday!!! Thanks, as always, to the hostesses of this link-up: A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness and The Good Life Blog

-ONE-
Today is the last day of school: HALLELUJAH! I work for a school district, and although I don't get the summers off {just Fridays}, it's still nice to be in a somewhat summer mode. 

In fact, I think this lady I was following on my way to work this morning was super excited that it's not only Friday, but the last day of school, too. She was praising the Lord with her hands the entire time I followed her {about 20 minutes}. Get it, sister! 


-TWO-
I've mentioned before that Brandon cooks on Wednesday nights to give me a break, which I of course love. Although he is getting all kinds of fancy with his meals and is putting my spaghetti and Crock Pot Chicken Tacos to shame

Last week was a teriyaki salmon over rice with bok choy {I have never cooked bok choy in my life}. This week was "brinner" - breakfast for dinner - and he totally outdid himself with  Eggs Benedict {complete with homemade Hollandaise sauce and Canadian bacon}, an English muffin and roasted red potatoes. 

Seriously, this is the man who couldn't even boil water when we got married. I am so impressed! 


-THREE-
Have you checked out my letter to working moms I posted yesterday? I got a little raw, emotional and honest, but I hope you'll check it out. 


-FOUR-
Y'all, I am more than a little obsessed with Bravo's latest addiction TV show, "Ladies of London." Have you watched it? Since I studied abroad there in college, I have this deep love of all things London, so as soon as I saw the previews for it, I knew I was adding it to my DVR queue {see what I did there using a British word? Ha!}. Anyway, I totally did not know that London society was so brutal! I have a feeling I'm going to love Caroline and Marissa, but have a major hate relationship with Juliet. 


-FIVE-
Brandon is playing in a 36-hole golf tournament tomorrow. In June. In Texas. {I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out with a spoon.} So, Walker and I are going to get a lot of Mommy-and-me time and I can't wait to hang out with that little nugget all day! He's been a huge goof ball lately and his favorite thing to do is kick his legs when he gets really excited, which of course I think is just adorable. 

Here he is getting super excited that Brandon was tempting him with his Sophie. You're welcome. ;)


video



I hope y'all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, YUM! That dinner looks delicious, bravo to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha i love that you're getting into Ladies of London as well! I very much enjoyed the premiere, too! Although, I do think we could have taken those social circles by storm back in 2007 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner looks heavenly. Good for him that he is doing so well in the kitchen. Stopped by from 5 on Fridays and glad I did, now following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is our first summer in TX and it's miserable….and only June! I'm dreading the next few months, especially being pregnant! I'm going to have to watch Ladies of London, lots of people seemed to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched that Ladies of London show this past weekend! I think we're going to be hooked. I'm so impressed with your hubby's cooking skills! How did you get him to do it?! I need to teach mine. haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I studied abroad in London as well and within 5 minutes of watching I was HOOKED!! There's nothing I love more than trashy Bravo reality shows that totally suck me in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey gal! i am contacting people that linked up in the last 5 on friday linkup...that has since been put on hold for the summer. well...if you were interested, a friend of mine and i are starting it back up! the first one will be live this friday morning! prepare your post! :) it's going to be called "oh hey, friday!" it'll be the exact same rules. write about five anythings. hope to see you there!

    karli
    http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete