Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday


Happy Friday, y'all! 

Thanks to the hostesses of this weekly link-up: A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness and [the good life blog]


-ONE-
Now that I've been back to work for almost a month, I think we've finally perfected our routine, which isn't saying that much. I feel like we're running a gauntlet every day between the hours of 5-7 a.m. and 5-8 p.m. and that an episode of "Survivor" could likely be filmed in our house between those hours; every man for himself! 

Brandon has really been able to help me a lot, of which I'll forever be grateful. He wakes Walker up in the morning, gets him changed and brings him to me to feed him; we switch nights rocking him and putting him to bed; he gets him dressed in the mornings after I feed him while I run around like mad trying to get everything ready to get out the door; and he has even taken up cooking a meal every Wednesday! {Love that last one.} 

Anyway, Walker was all kinds of off his schedule the other day, and instead of me feeding him at 9:30 p.m., I defrosted a bottle and had Brandon feed him while I got in bed. {Selfish, yes, but it was necessary!} I'll tell you what, there's something a little heart-melting about seeing your husband feed your son on the monitor! #sappymoment


-TWO-
Memorial Day last year was when I sipped my last adult beverage before finding out I was pregnant {I found out I was pregnant the next day!}, so I'm thrilled that I can have an adult beverage this year knowing I'm definitely NOT pregnant! Ha! Anyway, I'm planning to make a big pitcher {or two, or three…} of my mom's famous 2-ingredient sangria this weekend! It's so yummy; you should try it! 


-THREE-
So random, but I saw this on Pinterest and busted out laughing at my desk yesterday. Too funny! Love me some William, Kate and George! 


-FOUR-
Speaking of Pinterest {seriously, what did we do before Pinterest?} I think this is a sweet Teacher Appreciation Gift. I know I totally missed the actual Teacher Appreciation Week itself, but I feel like I need to get something for Walker's "teachers" for the end of the year…even though he's definitely at day care year-round and isn't switching up his class until late fall/early winter. I mean, everyone else is doing it. Is that weird? {Also, I totally hear my Dad right now: "If everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you jump, too?"} 


-FIVE-
This is totally how I have felt all week {it's been a rough one, y'all!} and Walker just hit the nail on the head with his expression about this week. #gladitsfriday


But seriously, I hope y'all enjoy your long weekend! 

Happy Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Hello! Stopping by from the link up and I laughed out loud on your Prince George pic! I love me some Royals! I don't know if you have seen this royal pic, but it has Prince George touching the nose of a child and the meme reads: "Peasant, you have been blessed." Adorable!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys have got a routine down! It can be tough though. That photo and caption from Prince George is awesome. Love his faces!
    When I was a kid they didn't do teacher gifts. Now it's something you have to do it seems like. I guess if everyone's doing it......
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh routines! They are ever-changing! Those were always our busiest times. I work from home now so a routine will be interesting for sure! I am saving the sangria recipe for later! You enjoy a glass for me this weekend! And you are not alone! When I worked, I always sent gifts during Teacher Appreciation week to my boys' sitter. I think it so sweet to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over from the link up. That Prince George caption is hilarious! And your little guy is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the link up!

    Yay for being able to drink again! =)
    It's absolute fate that you would post the simplest recipe for Sangria since I was talking about how I need to make a pitcher (or two!) for the holiday weekend! Perfection!! Nothing is easier than two ingredients!

    Stop by and say hi! www.thesenguptabunch.com

    ReplyDelete