Monday, December 9, 2013

The Nursery


When I found out we were having a boy, I knew I wanted his nursery to be sweet, serene, calm and nothing too theme-y. I also knew I didn't want everything to be matchy-matchy, so I really had fun mixing and matching the different wood and textures. And while I wanted it to be sweet, I also wanted it to have a bit of "boy" in it...but not too much "boy." He can have his baseballs, fire trucks and reptiles if and when he asks for them later! :)

When we moved into this house, I purposefully painted the entire house {except for our bedroom and bathroom} Behr's "Plateau." I knew if we had a girl, we would paint the room; but if we had a boy, the plan was to keep the color all along. So I guess it worked out for us!

Of course, we still have to fill in a few picture frames, organize his diapers and do a few finishing touches, but we'll get there. My mom is also making something to go above his changing table/dresser, but it has his monogram on it {yes, she knows his name} so I wanted to share the photos before that was hung. 

When you walk in the room, this print is to your right, ordered from Printable Wisdom on Etsy with a frame from Target


The windows are immediately in front of you, with the crib to your right and changing table/dresser to your left. 

The curtains were specially made with fabric and blackout liners from Carousel Designs and Jo-Ann Fabrics


I wanted a place to hang the outfit I wore coming home from the hospital {shown}, and it took me forever to find this shelf. I finally located it over Thanksgiving at Home Goods. The fox figurine is from Target, as well as the picture frame that holds our announcement photo, taken by my friend Liz

The basket is also from Home Goods, and the toys and stuffed animals were all shower gifts. 


Since the room is a little small, we didn't have room for a dresser and a changing table, so we are combining the two. {Above this piece is where the thing my mom is making will go.} 

The dresser was in my nursery - along with my brothers and sister's - when I was little. My parents brought it, along with the glider that was in my siblings' rooms, to us to borrow. Brandon put a fresh coat of spray paint on both pieces. The small table was Brandon's grandmother's, which used to be a dark brown. He also spray painted this white. 

The mirror is from Target, along with the lamp and picture frame. The rocking chair pad is from Carousel Designs, and the pouf is from Kohl's. The vintage locker basket was ordered from Salvage Nation on Etsy. The sound machine, changing pad and cover, items in the locker basket and Diaper Genie were all shower gifts. 


Here's another shot of the rocking area, where I still need to frame a photo. 


Since I wanted to add a "boy" element to this nursery, I thought using a vintage locker basket to hold diapers, wipes, lotion, Destin, etc. was a different, fun idea. 


Above the crib is a shelf, which was in the room when we moved into the house. {Don't worry, it's quite secure.} I still need to add a few things to this shelf, but what's up there right now is this print, ordered from Printable Wisdom on Etsy {in a Target frame} and this Willow Tree figurine, which was a shower gift. 

On the other side of the shelf is an airplane from Home Goods, another fox figurine from Target and a framed photo that has his name on it, so I'm not showing that side. 


Another close up of his sweet toy basket, which is already so full! 


Behind his crib are three framed music sheets, ordered from a vintage song book from SpruceCove on Etsy. They're framed in frames from Hobby Lobby


In his bed is the Cloud B sleep sheep {a gift from my former boss} and a Pottery Barn lovie from my grandmother. 


His crib and bedding are my favorite. 

The crib was a gift from my parents, ordered from Amazon. The crib skirt and bumper pad are from Carousel Design's "Gender Neutral Section": Blue and Taupe Paisley Crib Bedding. The sheets are from Babies 'R Us, and the minky blanket is from TJ Maxx


Here's a little close-up of his closet, and yes, those are stacks upon stacks of diapers from my sweet work family. 

Many of these clothes were gifts and are separated with closet dividers, ordered from Gina Marie Designs on Etsy. The hamper is from Home Goods. All items on the top shelf and the breast pump were shower gifts or items we ordered with gift cards. 


And here's a little collage of all the photos together. 


I can't wait for our sweet little one to be here next month so I can show him his room! 

*My district canceled school again today, so I'm going on 96+ hours without walking out of my house. Ha! 

4 comments:

  1. His nursery is so adorable!!! I bet you had a ton of fun putting it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect! All the little touches make it absolute perfection, he is one blessed and very loved little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! You did an amazing job. I love all the special details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I am in love with everything you did!!!! Perfect little nursery for a perfect little boy! :) I love the crib and also the shelf above it. And how sweet that the dresser was yours! Such a neat heirloom. Yay for our little boys to come! So exciting and glad I found your blog!

    xo

    ReplyDelete