Friday, December 13, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! 


-ONE-
Brandon has been in Canada {yes, Canada in December} for work this week, and he's finally coming home today! He said it's bitterly cold up there; at one point it was -6* Fahrenheit! I don't know how all you Canadians do it. I'm chilled to the bone when it's in the 40's here, so I give you major props! 


-TWO-
We have Christmas with my family this weekend, and I couldn't be more excited! This is the last week my doctor is allowing me to travel, so we're knocking out my second baby shower and Christmas in one foul swoop. I'm still kind of shocked that we're getting so close to the end that we're actually at a "marker" where I can't travel anymore, and I'm also in denial that Christmas is in less than two weeks! Crazy! 

I can't wait to see my people this weekend. 


{PS: I love the people behind us posing for the picture.}

-THREE-
I have officially reached the "I don't sleep anymore" phase of this pregnancy, and I am not a fan. I'm up every three hours or so to go to the bathroom, and while I know it's my body preparing me for life with a newborn, I am ready to sleep. I feel like a walking zombie. 

We've also reached the "People Comment on My Belly" phase, too. I was at Ulta yesterday and the salesclerk looks at me and says, "It's a boy, isn't it?" When I said, "Oh, um, yes!" She said, "I knew it. You can always tell when someone is all belly and it just sticks straight out." Thank you, ma'am. 

I've thankfully only gained 25 pounds with this pregnancy {and don't plan to gain much more}, but it's seriously - like she said - all in the belly. I'm thisclose to having Brandon take off my toe nail polish for me. He's already helping me get in my boots in the morning, which I'm sure is quite the comical site. 

-FOUR-
Speaking of Ulta, this is my new favorite lipstick. However, it must be Benefit's most popular color {"Lady's Choice"} because it is sold out everywhere. If you find it, you have to let me know. 

I bought "Pinking of You" in its place yesterday, but it's just not the same. {I know, #firstworldproblems.} 


-FIVE-
We are in full Christmas movie watching mode at our house. I'm not kidding when I tell you that I have to watch these movies every year or it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me! {And of course, "A Christmas Story" must be reserved for Christmas Eve.} 

What movies do you just have to watch for it to feel like Christmas?




Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great time this weekend seeing your family! We haven't watched any Christmas movies yet, and I'm dying to...maybe we will next weekend.

    ReplyDelete